alr3d
alr3d, Technician
Experience:  tv repair
6460921

I have a Sharp model no LC-32D44U and it will only stay on

I have a Sharp model no LC-32D44U and it will only stay on for 10 to 20 seconds, any Idea what may be the problem and if I can fix it. thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

when it shuts off are there any lights on the front that blink? if so what ones and how many time are they blinking?

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The power lite blinks
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

it should blink 1-10 times and pause and then start over. if so how many times is the blink?

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just keeps blinking I counted to 25
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

ok this is a issue inside the . can you use a meter to test with?

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes we are electricians
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

good deal.

ok pull the back off and take a picture with the back off the tv. then use the paper clip button above to attach the picture.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't do that from here, I am in a Federal building...security sorry
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
is this tv there or at home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's here but we can't up load any pictures to the network, I'm at the pentagon.
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
we need to test and see if the inverter is getting DC voltage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have a fluke and the back is off it's still plugged in...
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
ok check the DC voltage going to the inverter board
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

graphiccheck the marked connector for DC on each wire. use the metal on the back of the panel for ground

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No DC voltage
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

are you testing this while it is on for the 15-20 secs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is still flashing
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
ok check the 2nd connector just to the right if the one marked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1 VDC ?
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

odd

i need a picture of the back of the tv so i can see all the boards please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

test connector marked in blue

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The white and twoo greys have 3.3 VDC the last grey has 0
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
ok when you hit the power button. does the tv respond and any way at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes It comes on you get snow ( no cable hooked up) then it shuts off and the power light blinks continuously.
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

ok if it is getting snow on the screen and you are showing no voltage going to the inverter then you must have a bad meter?? or you are checking this voltage after snow has left the screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes long after, the snow shuts down after only a few seconds, the power light is still blinking as we speak
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

pull the inverter board and look for bad connections on this board

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tan board or green
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
tan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We don't see anything obvious no burnt connections...
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

ok this is either a bad inverter board or a bad LCD panel. there are no further checks we can do here for testing. woulld you like me to find you a inverter board for sale? and a part number?

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No that's right on the board we'll order it through our supply here, thanks alot for your help!
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

ok also

you might want to check here for one.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LC-32D44U

they are a lot cheaper

alr3d, Technician
Experience: tv repair