Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

how do I connect my Wii to my new Toshiba 50L5200U LED TV?

Hi!

You put the yellow jack in the green hold, then the red and white in the audio holes and get nothing on the screen?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the inputs on the back of the tv are labeled video colorstream hd. inputs are Pr PB and Y/Video. Wii displays black and white picture, very fuzzy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the cables off the Wii are red, yellow and white

You need to plug the yellow wire from your wii into the Y/VIDEO hole. Do you get a picture then?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i get a picture but it is faded out black and white and no sound

could it be a setting on the tv i need to change?

Do you have the white and red plugged in too? If so unplug them for a second and just have the yellow into the back of the tv.

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i found separate inputs on the back for audio in -- plugged the red and white into them and now have sound. picture remains black and white. yellow plugged into the y/video hole under "colorstream hd" no other hole on tv for yellow plug other than that.

that makes me wonder if problem might be a tv setting prefernce

When you push the INPUT button on the Toshiba remote, what choices do you get on the screen?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i opened menu and changed AV input preference to VIDEO from COLORSTREAM and the Wii picture appeared in color. appears to be working now
OK yes, that was what I thought, you had choose the wrong input from the list. Its deceiving because you are using the color stream plug but you have to choose video from the list.

Tim