TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

how do I adjust the color on my vizio VP50 HDTV so that my

how do I adjust the color on my vizio VP50 HDTV so that my red doesn't look brown...

Reset your TV's color and tint back to halfway on the bar 1st.

Now...go to BOTH ends of your component cables --

One of the red, green or blue connectors is pulled out of it's socket on the TV end or the Cable/DVD end, whichever is delivering the Brown picture. It may LOOK connected, but it's not.

Reseat ALL the connectors back into their respective sockets, and if you just installed them, be aware that it's real easy to mix up the RED Audio cable with the RED Video cable. You'll hear humming in the Audio if you did mix them up.

But if you had a Good picture before and now you have a bad picture, most of the Time you'll find the Red or Blue connector has pulled out of it's socket.

Been there, seen that....Green grass ends up looking brown on the picture until the plugs were reseated into the sockets.

Customer: replied 4 years ago. were absolutely correct....the red cable was not appropriately seated....Thx
You're more than welcome.