Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a Toshiba / cinema series tv/ Model # XXXXX My question

I have a Toshiba / cinema series tv/ Model # XXXXX My question is: When you turn the tv on in just seconds it will turn off by itself and a blinking light will come on at the bottom,what is wrong? How can I fix it? How much will it cost?
Hi!

Do you get a picture for those first seconds?

Does the light blink a code? (example 6 blinks paues 6 blinks pause repeat)

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No . we do not get a picture or sound now . we turn it on then 1. 2 .3 seconds it blinks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No . we do not get a picture or sound now . we turn it on then 1. 2 .3 seconds it blinks. If I have the tv unplugged for a couple of hours, then plug back up, it will show show a pict and sound then its like it gets hot and goes off and the red light blinks
Ok, if there are no problems with the picture when it is working then I am going to say that you most likely have a bad Z801 module...

This is a module that has been notorious for failing in your model causing it to do exactly what yours is doing...works when it wants to shuts off when it doesn't, causes weird effects in the picture and so on..
This can be replaced by a trained technician and will run you somewhere around $300-$350 for the repair. I am about 90% certain that this is your issue.

If this isn't your issue then most likely it will be a failure in the convergence circuit, this repair will run more around $400 to have completed by a tech.

These are the two most common causes for this problem in your model.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is you should be expecting a bill of somewhere between $300-$400, but the set is very repairable, you will just need to decide if it is worth that kind of money to you or not. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping that we would not have to buy a new tv. :( but it looks like that would be the best thing to do. I guess i was hoping for a magical solution , like a reset button somewhere and all would be well! Haha! Thankyou for your time and help.

Yeah sorry for the bad news on that, no easy fix for this.

Tim