Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How to hook up GE audio/video switch (37630) to Sasung tv,

Customer Question

How to hook up GE audio/video switch (37630) to Sasung tv (Model LN32D403E), Wii, Comcast cable box and a dvd player.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed connections:
  • from the GE rear's OUT Video yellow jack + Audio OUT L & R (white & red) jacks using a set of yellow, red & white RCA to RCA cable to the TV's COMPONENT/AV IN Y/VIDEO (green jack) + R-AUDIO-L;
  • using the TV's original remote control, press the SOURCE button a couple of times until AV is selected;
  • similarly connect the yellow, red & white jacks VIDEO OUTput of the devices to the GE's yellow jacks 1 ~ 4 Video + corresponding L & R;
  • ensure that plugs and jacks color match;
  • press GE's front buttons AV1 ~ 4 corresponding to which device would want to be shown on the TV.

Please post back how things turned up and/or should you need additional information.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried this combination, it did not work. I have cables that have red, white IAudio) green, blue, red (video) on them. No where did you state where I am supposed to hook up the cable box. This proposal does not work at all. Please help again.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
The above proposed connection method calls for the use of yellow, white and red RCA to RCA cables.

Perhaps if you could provide the model numbers of the other devices, then these may also be provided with connection methods.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok so I can get the dvd and wii to work. the only thing is the picture is in black and white instead of color. Do you know how I can get the pictures in color? currently in the GE box I have the red and white audio cables plugged in for the tv, with the green cable in the (yellow video location) since I do not have a yellow cable. These cables are plugged into the GE output location. In the AV1 spot I have the (Wii which has the red, white, yellow) cables. Then in AV2 I have my dvd player hooked up (GE box has red/white audio plugged in, blue is plugged into yellow video spot) the DVD player has green video plugged into yellow spot. I can not get picture and sound for DVD and WII, just picture is black and white. Cable is in color.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Please ensure that the TV is SOURCE set to AV.

Additionally, double check that from any device (cable box, DVD player, Wii), the video output jack used is also yellow that then must be connected to the GE's yellow input jacks. It does not matter what color of cable/plug is used. What is needed is yellow jack to yellow jack. Say:
  • DVD player's yellow jack - blue plug/cable/blue plug - GE's yellow jack.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only way to continue getting picture for DVD is if green is plugged into yellow spot on DVD and blue cable is plugged into GE box. If I try to place green DVD and GE I get no picture, same happens if I try to use blue for both.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Interesting. Please try temporarily using the red (video) plugs on both yellow jacks of DVD and GE.

If still a no-go, temporarily remove the audio's white plugs and use that instead.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried both combinations, still just black and white
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Temporarily connect the DVD's yellow jack directly to the TV's green jack. Try/test all the colors of green, blue and red plugs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried all your suggestion, none of them work.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
If the DVD was directly connected to the TV as well as the above posted tries/checks have been performed and as you posted "...none of them work...", then it is not a connection issue but a faulty DVD player or TV.

Still, hopefully an alternate approach could be provided. I have opted out.

Good luck with the connections.

This is not an Info Request.