Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

Pink Tint on TV Screen

A pink tint has showed up on my TV. Signal source is satellite Direct TV DVR. Sound system isBose Lifestyle. 30
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sony Bravia Model KDL-46V25L1 Serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN BTW when I bypass my Bose Lifestyle 30 sound ss
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Is the samsung DVD player hooked to the tv via HDMI too?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Through the Bose Lifestyle 130 sound system
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok so basically both the satellite box and the dvd are hooked up essentially the same way?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct. Both hdmi inputs, one from direct tv and one from the samsung DVD into the Bose, then an hdmi tv output frm the Bose to the tv.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok I do not see how this can be anything but a bad satellite box then. You are going to need to call 1-888-777-2454 to get this replaced.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Interesting - I spent an hour on the phone w/direct tv tech services and they told me it was the Bose system because when I bypassed it everything worked fine. I specifically asked them if it was their box and they said it couldn't be because the Samsung branch was working fine.

Can you give me rational to go back to them?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
I would call them, not mention anything about the bose or anything like that. Just say that you have this issue while watching their box but when you watch DVD its fine and you need a new box.

Theres probably some odd conflict going through the bose from the box but I still say the issue is on the boxes side. They should not be too hard to convince to get you a new box if you don't mention anything about the bose. Also if you want to get them off the phone real quick and get a new box on the way, just tell them you hooked this box to another tv and had the same problem on both tvs.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any technical rational for your thought that the problem is on the box side? I do have to say that I have more confidence in Bose then Direct TV.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
I do not see how it can be the bose considering your DVD does not have this problem. If the bose was the issue we would suspect it to affect the DVD too.

Also the fact that it can be fixed by changing the channel is huge...neither the bose nor the tv knows the channel was changed, they are just relaying a signal given to them by the box.

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.