Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Westinghouse flat screen TV will not turn on

I have a 46" Westinghouse flat screen tv. It will not turn on. The off light is on so we know that the TV is recieving current. What do you think this is and is there anything I can do to fix it. I have a good electrical aptitude.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model no. is TX 42F810G. It is a 46" LCD flat screen. I purchased it 2 yrs ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. The 42 in the model number indicates it is a 42" screen.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had the TV for two years. It happened the night before last. My granddaughter had been watching it and when she was done she turned it off. After that, it wouldn't turn on again. There was no storm or power outtage.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago. are A GENIUS!!! Do these TV's freeze up like this a lot????
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Glad to hear it worked! This is common for all flat panel TV's (not just Westinghouse), and like a computer they simply need to be rebooted sometimes.