Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

What size screws hold Sharp Aquos LC-70LE32U?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Your model number is XXXXX a digit... "LC70LE32U" doesn't correspond.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
LC-70LE732U my mistake.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
And specifically what screws are you looking for? Where do they go?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The size of the 4 screws in the rear to mount TV to wall.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I can't seem to find that information. I will opt out and allow someone else to assist.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

You will need a 400 x 400 Vesa wall mount bracket for this TV set.

AN-52AG4 is Sharp's Wall mount and will include the bolts to install it.

I did try to find a source of information that would identify the bolt's sizing, but it doesn't seem to exist.

I DO know one thing....a TV set that size is most likely going to be using M8 bolts, but since it's a thinner may be dealing with M6.

One or the other.

Now, you can simply run down to a hardware store, get some M6 and M8 Metrics, or do what I do. Size up the holes with a set of drill bits, and take the drill bit to the hardware store to match them.

One of the bits will fit the holes in the TV set, and you can mark the depth of the hole on the bit too.

If you have a set, simply insert it in the hole until it bottoms out, mark it, take it to the hardware store /lumber yard, go to the Metric screw drawers, open up the M6 and M8s and start comparing them to the drill bit's thickness.

Of course I carry a set of M8's in my truck along with the M6's so I can size them up pretty fast.

But Sharp doesn't seem to provide that info on their wall mounts. I was looking for spec sheets, or instructions for the Sharp mount, but they don't seem to exist.

If you want to get this job done, get the drill bits out, or at least grab your can of bolts and find one that fits, and one that's too oversized (barely fits) and use them to gauge the size of the bolts you need. DO NOT install American Bolts, the threads are different, and you will end up damaging the threads on your wall mount !!

I'd rather give you the size of the actual bolts....but none of the information out there is conclusive.

M6 or M8...start there.