Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Our LG TV will turn on with a blinking green "on" light and

Our LG TV will turn on with a blinking green "on" light and no picture. After the green light stops blinking there is still no picture. If we turn the TV on and off a few times, the picture will come on and everything is fine. What is that???
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How many times does it take to get it on?

-Has it been taking more and more times lately?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When the problem first started it only took a few times. Yes it has been taking more times lately. Our unit is around 2 years old.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 90% of the time) is the power supply has failed, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $200.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan