Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

sony wega kf-60we610 will not turn on. green light flashes

Customer Question

sony wega kf-60we610 will not turn on. green light flashes about 5 times then the red light flashes 5-7 times
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

Can you double check that code and get the exact code it flashes? It will be specific and will tell us what is wrong.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the fifth or sixth green flash goes to red followed by 5 quick red flashes
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
does it do 5 pause 5 pause 5 pause repeat?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the sixth green flash goes to red followed by 5 quick red flashes
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok after the quick 5 red flashes, does it stop or flash another 5 times red?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm sorry. it does continue to flash red. 6 flashes, pause. 6 flashes pause. many times
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
OK has it been working/not working for awhile or did it just stop now for the first time and could not get it back on at all?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has been working/ not working for a while. finally we just left it on and turned the cable box off & on. i mistakenly turned the tv off the other night and now have not been able to turn on for a couple of days
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Ok an intermittnet 6 blink in your tv is generally a bad G board. This is not great news as the G board will need to be replaced. The board board (part number A-1302-272-A) runs around $350-450 to have replaced on avearge. If you know how to use a meter and want to fix this yourself, let me know, I will be happy to help.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what's a meter?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
A device used to test electronics, but if you have never used one before than this would probably be more dangerous than its worth for you to attempt.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you refering to an ohms or continuity tester?

the 350-450- estimate you provided includes labor & parts?

would i have to take the tv to a shop or can someone repair at my house?

if i decided to try to repair myself how much is the oart and how much would you charge to advise me?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Yes but one that can test DC voltage too.

350-450 would be parts and labor for an in home repair.

The part is $200. What you pay is up to you here, Every time you push the accept button you get charged what you agreed to in the beginning. So if we fix it together and you decide to push it more than once then thats up to you, you can also leave bonuses if you like. However I do not require either of those if you decide to go further.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not sure i understand about the accept button. If I order the part I'm sure it will take a few days to get here. would i leave this conversation "open" and then click the accept button after you advise me on the repair?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Its up to you, you can do it either way...pressing the accept button does not close your question. You can always reply to this question any time, before or after an accept.

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. I will decide what I am going to do. Thanks
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
OK, let me know what you decide. If you want to continue make sure you get back to this same page.

You can get back to this same page one of 3 ways:

1)The link in your email
2) bookmark it
3) login to justanswer.com, click on the MY QUESTIONS link in the top right, then click on this question and post a reply.

Tim