Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have a Sharp AQUOS LC-62C42U that wont turn on. It shut

I have a Sharp AQUOS LC-62C42U that won't turn on. It shut down without warning and the screen went blank.The green power light now blinks continuously approximately once per second.
Through a suggestion on “Fix-Ya”, we unplugged the TV, let it set for a minute, and then turned it back on whilst pressing the “vol-” and “input” buttons at the same time. The TV turned on, the letter “K” appeared on the screen, the picture stayed steady on and no noise was heard (independent of the TV audio). After the “K” appeared, the buttons were released.
The set then operated normally for about 10 to 15 minutes until it again shut down and the screen again went blank. The green power light is also blinking again. We did not try to go through the “Fix – ya” procedure again, since it had already failed once.
Hope you might have a suggestion!
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-To confirm, there is no code that the light is blinking except for once per second?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is nothing else indicating a problem except the blinking power light and the fact that it doesnt turn on. The set is 5 years old
OK do this...

Unplug the tv
Plug it back in
Press the CH_DOWN and VOL_UP buttons on the tv itself, hold them down...does the tv come on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
simply put, NO it doesn't tur on
Does it do anything?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it doesn't turn on, make noise, or have a raster, what else can it do? BTW, it seems back when it was working one heard a relay click when it turned on, I don't hear that either
Do you hear the relay when you plug it in or push the regular power button?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no relay click when plugged in, or when pushing the power button, or the remote ON button, however, the power light keeps blinking as it has
OK does the power light start blinking when you plug it in or do you have to push the power button first?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it starts blinking when you plug it in - the power button has no effect on it
Ok and the OPC light does nothing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that's correct
Ok then it would look like your main board in the tv has failed, the tv should not start blinking as soon as you plug it in without pushing the power button. The bad news is that you are going to need a new main board here.

The bad news here is the board runs about $450 by itself and if you have it replaced profesionally you are looking at around 650-750 parts and labor.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when you say that the "tv should not start blinking" I presume you mean the power indicator light, is that correct? Also, no one repairs the boards anymore?
Yes i mean the power indicator.

Also the boards are not repairable because the manufactures design them to not be repaired. They make them using proprietary parts and give no documents on them so repairing them is out of the question these days in most cases.