Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

my vizio tv no channels in master list. what do I do next

my vizio tv no channels in master list. what do I do next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Are you connected with a cable box/receiver,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?

Or directly to cable/antenna ?

Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover or owner`s manual ?

I will be in standby, just send me a reply ,and i will be notified and be with you ASAP.

Customer:

Yes. all I did was try and change the station with the remote I use to turn the tv on and off. The vizio controller. Im suppose to use the other controller. Now it says no channels in master list.

Jack :

O.k thox ?en that would be yes to the cable b

Jack :

sorry keyboard error

Jack :

Let me try this again

Customer:

yes to cable box

Jack :

O.k then if you look at the tv`s remote, can you see a SOURCE or INPUT button ?

Customer:

can you give me 3 min.? I will be right back..... my 2 yr old just woke up. Be right back

Jack :

No problem, take your time

Customer:

ok im back. on the vizio controller see input on the top left

Jack :

Try to press that button repeatedly until it gets to the cable box input .
If it just opens up a menu of the various inputs then try the different inputs there until you get the one where the cable box is connected.

Customer:

ok did it

Jack :

Working ?

Customer:

it has a list of things.... what do I push on?

Jack :

did you push the input button repeatedly ?

Customer:

no will go dothat

Jack :

o.k

Customer:

it just goes down the list tv hv cable

Jack :

O.k but you have perhaps to press the center button after selecting a choice , try the one that says cable

Jack :

Or try them all, one of them is for the cable box

Customer:

I pressed comp 1 cable and then it said no signal

Jack :

try the others

Jack :

It may be on HDMI

Customer:

It is working!!!

Jack :

Glad to hear that

Customer:

thx

Jack :

You can close this chat from your end with the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with my answer and have no other questions at this time.

Also, you will receive an email after this chat is closed and there will be a link to get back to me anytime or you can just send a reply here if you have any questions and i will be with you ASAP.

Jack :

You`re welcome and happy listening

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech