Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

I have a flat screen Samsung TV. MY remote is not working

Customer Question

I have a flat screen Samsung TV. MY remote is not working now. Everytime I hit the power button, the AMP/TV button lights up. I can manually turn the TV on, but can't access anything with the remote. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

If you use the manual buttons on the set itself are these doing anything?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the front of the televison is the number 1080P. It is too big for me to lift off the wall to determin anything off the back. I think I inadvertently hit the Amp/TV button last night when I was attempting to turn it off. I don't know how to undo that. I can manually turn the tv off and on and change channels via the remote for the cable box.
Hi

If that light was not appearing on the remote before then yes I would say that the remote is the issue here unfortunately in that case I will need the model number if you cant get it from the back of the set it will be on the user manual if you have it?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me check
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't locate it, but the TV is only one year old.
Hi

I am sorry without the model I cant download info on the product their are so many different types once you have the model I can move on with this

In the meantime I suggest you leave the batteries out of the remote for 24 hours the remote may revert back to its default condition

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, I think the model number is XXXXX I remembered we bought a second set and I was able to turn it around. Will that help?
Hi

So long as you are sure

Give me 20 mins so I can look at the manual

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thaks, I am sure
Hi

The remote control you are using did it come with the set or is it a universal one?

Do you still have the remote to the set if thats the case?

I am looking at the specs for this set and the remote does not have an AMP/TV light on

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry, the remote for the second TV does not have that button so it is not the same. If I just iunplugged the set would it reset it?
Hi

So that remote is not the one for the set anyhow?its perhaps a universal

Please let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it is the samsung remote. Apparently it is not the same tV. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi

OK no problem
It seems like the remote is in a particular mode its nothing to do with the TV itself and resetting it wont solve this the remote is locked out it seems to me to be in a learning mode or something like that thats why the light is lit, if you do get me the proper model I will check this out

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Hi

Let me know if you get that model number

Anthony