Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a PROSCAN LED HDTV - I can not turn it on ...there is

I have a PROSCAN LED HDTV - I can not turn it on ...there is a clicking sound that sounds like a automobile turn signal ... any idea what this could be ?? George
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage in your area?

Additionally, does the power light on the front of the set blink along with the clicking?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ihave had the set for 2-years .... NO - no storm no nothing - turn the set on yesterday and the clicking sound began ... it went off and I can not get it back on. I unplugged the power cable and when I plugged it back upn the clicking sound was still there .

The red power light on the front of the tv stays-on - no blinking ..no nothing ...just the clicking sound

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes - the problem is still there ... the clicking sound
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, this problem is either that the mainboard or the low voltage rail from the power supply that feeds it has shorted and failed. The clicking is the power on relay disengaging/engaging over and over again due to the short. Unfortunately there is no reset you can perform to fix this problem and the set will require service. Average cost for this type of repair is $200 parts and labor to repair the supply, or $300 parts and labor to replace the mainboard (parts and labor). If you are not comfortable opening up the set, then you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses and welcomed and appreciated!