Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

SAMSUNG TV WILL NOT TURN ON. JUST MAKES THE NOISE LIKE ITS

SAMSUNG TV WILL NOT TURN ON. JUST MAKE'S THE NOISE LIKE IT'S TRYING TO COME ON.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What does the noise you hear sound like?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LIKE IT'S TRYING TO TURN ON. IT'S 5-6 YEAR'S OLD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IT'S TRYING TO TURN ON. IT'S 5-6 YEARS OLD
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 90% of the time) is the power supply has failed, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $300.

Also to let you know, I have had a ton of customers in the last few weeks call samsung to complain of this issue and end up getting their sets repaired for free, so I would call samsung first if I were you and see if they will repair yours as well.

I am sorry that I don't have a magic button or a quick fix for you on this one, but component replacement will be required.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan