Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

my sony wega tv turns off and back on , the power indicator

my sony wega tv turns off and back on , the power indicator now flashes appearently standby, not the usual solid green light. do I need a technician to
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
-What is the code the light flashes?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX XXXXX 60X5955 , Jan 2005, when the tv is first turned on the green ind is solid, after several minutes the screen goes black, the greed ind light flashes for a minute, then the screen comes back for a minute, and the process repeats
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
What you have is a bad lamp, which is actually a good thing for you.

This is a consumer replaceable item which means you can replace it yourself! If you have your owner’s manual it has instructions on how to do this very thing. If you have misplaced your owner’s manual and need instructions on how to do this, let me know and I will be happy to get you some information.

As far as where to get a lamp, there are many places online or you can get it from Sony, I like to get mine from http://www.dlplampsouce.com/

I have replaced lamps in 100's of these Sonys for the exact same symptom that you have here, it is very common and actually only 1 time have I found the problem to be something other than the lamp.

Please let me know if you need further info, I will be happy to help in any way possible.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan