Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

My samsung plasma tv keeps powering on and off in a cycle -

My samsung plasma tv keeps powering on and off in a cycle - I cannot turn it off completely and it never fully powers on. Unplugging it and plugging back in just starts the on off cycle.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Your power supply board may be shot. Possibly bad capacitors but that would require a visual confirmation.

Can you do this do you think? If so, remove the back and we'll take a look.

If you have a meter, that would be helpful.

If not, let me know and I'll try and give you a rough quote based on the most likely failure.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Steve - I cannot get the tv off the mount by myself and I am not comfortable examing the insides of a tv around a power supply. Tom

Ok, then assuming that it is the power supply that is at fault, you would be looking at about a $250 repair bill split approx. 50/50 for parts and labor.

I assume that the set is over a year old? If so, give me your zip and I'll try and find someone in your area that can help you.

I'll be here if you need more help. I want you to be 100% satisfied with my answer.

If happy, please remember to 'Accept' and/or give me a positive rating so that I am compensated for my time and effort. If you don't, I won't.

Please bookmark my web page at www.stevetheguru.com so that you can contact me with your future electronic questions.

Thanks very much.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would love to hear a recommended service provider. zip is 63303

Try these guys: http://screencast.com/t/cbo8mcVxh

I'll be here if you need more help.

Steve