Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
Experience:  15 years of TV repair experience
41615543

46" Samsung LCD TV has multiple color lines

My 2 year old 46" Samsung LCD TV has multiple color lines that run vertically through the screen. The lines are present regardless of which HDMI input is being used. I have reset the TV, cycled power, left the TV unplugged and restarted. The lines are very fine, change color, come and go and change locations on the screen. What are the most likely components that will need to be replaced? About how much should I expect to pay for parts and labor? Thank you.

Model code: LN46B640R3FXZA
Category: TV
Expert:  Frank the tv man replied 4 years ago.
Typically vertical pixelated lines are caused by the LCD panel. The LCD panel is also typically not cost effective. Occationally they can be caused by the Tcon board or even reseating and cleaning the LVDS cable. I can send you a link to the LCD panel and Tcon board but I need the version number or serial number.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. About how much should I expect to pay for parts and labor for a local technician?
The model number is XXXXX
Serial number is XXXXX
Version SS02
Average repairman cost $150 trip fee to come to your house for a diagnosis and then add labor costs. Here is a links to where you can purchase the parts. As I said before the LCD panel is typically not cost effective. The other option is to call Samsung in hopes they will extend the warranty in a good faith attempt to make you a satisfied customer.

LCD panel
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN07-00671B.aspx?model=

Tcon board
http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN81-02353A.aspx?model=