Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a magnavox model 37MF437B/37 model TV that just started

I have a magnavox model 37MF437B/37 model TV that just started shutting itself off and then back on when any of the buttons on the remote control or the manual buttons attached to the TV are used. Works fine other wise. I have replaced the main board, but the problem persists, any ideas which part it could be?

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

The buttons themselves?

Anthony's TV :

does the tv work ok by remote?

Anthony's TV :

ok i just reread your comments

Anthony's TV :

the power supply would be the only thing to cause this esp if you replaced the main board

Anthony's TV :

look for puffy capacitors

Anthony's TV :

in the power supply

Anthony's TV :

Replace all that the tops are not perfectly flat

Customer:

I see one of the capicitor that is not flat. I asusme I can either order the whole board, but all of the 715T2484-2 power supply boards are out of stock on most of the web stores (avg price is $75.00). I have never replaced a capacitor and do not have a soldering iron. How much

Customer:

Do you think that is something a layman can do easily, and if so who would carry the capacitor? Radio Shack? If not, how much should it cost to have someone replace it if I take the board to a locl TV repair shop?

Anthony's TV :

ok you have found your problem

Customer:

Also, should I have all of the capacitors replaced in case the others start to fail, or just the "blown" one?

Anthony's TV :

you will need to order the exact part and replace it has a polarity like a battery DO NOT PUT IN BACKWARDS .....BOOM!

Customer:

where is the best place to get the parts?

Anthony's TV :

replace the one that is puffed I woulf rather have you replace the whole board IF you can find it

Anthony's TV :

http://www.bdent.com

Customer:

Thx for the info and the link..How much do you think a local shop charge to replace the capacitor for me?

Anthony's TV :

50-

Customer:

ok, thx for the help...I have what I need.