Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Connect iLive Soundbar to TV

How do I connect my iLive soundbar to my LG flatscreen tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

To give you an accurate answer, I need some information. I need the model number off the back of the LG TV and also the model number of the ilive soundbar.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LG 42LK520 tv, iLive ITP280B

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Are you looking to simply have the TV sound playback through the iLive, or the Video from your iPhone to go to the TV, or both?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to have sound from the tv go through the iLive and also be able to play music when my iPod is connected.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. There is an incompatibility issue between the TV and the iLive. The iLive uses only RCA red and white jacks to plug the TV and the TV only uses a "Digital Audio Output" jack. There is no cable that will connect these devices to each other directly. You will need a converter for this. The link below is a converter that connects to the jack labeled "Digital Audio out" (or SPDIF Out), on the TV and from there, you could run a set of red and white RCA cables from the converter to the TV.