Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

My Samsung Plasma TV has a thin black line that goes all the

My Samsung Plasma TV has a thin black line that goes all the way across horizontally about six inches from the bottom of the screen. It began about 6 weeks ago and is intermittent. I have read post about the Y sustain board and just re-seated the connections.
That did not work, so I need a new lower y sustain board, id so where do I get one?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Your set does not have an upper and lower, just one board for both. But the part number for the board you need is BN96-12956A. You can find it many places online. I recommend www.shopjimmy.com or www.encompassparts.com

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you agree that the board needs to be replaced and is it an easy fix?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I would agree 95% of the time this board causes it 5% of the time the sustain board causes it. I would be replacing the buffer.

Its quite simple to swap out, just be careful that you do not damage the ribbon cables going to the panel.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on last clarification please.
Are you saying that PN BN96-12956A is the sustain board that needs replacing or is it a buffer board.

According to post I saw the y sustain board is on the left side of the set and that is the one that I reset the connectors.

Please confirm that is the board that you believe needs replacing.
That should do it for me.
thanks.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
No, the part number I gave is the buffer board, it fixes this 95% of the time.

Yes y sustain is on the left side.

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.