PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

My Mitsubishi TV has a continuous blinking "timer" light. Model

My Mitsubishi TV has a continuous blinking "timer" light. Model # XXXXX The light started blinking today. TV will not turn on. I have hit the reset button and tried unplugging it. The light continues to blink. The TV is plugged into a surge protector. Please help.

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours?
Follow the steps below and let me know the result. Pressing the front panel “INPUT”/"DEVICE" and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds,
activates the Error Code Mode. The ” Power LED” flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, or indicating no problem
has occured since the last Initalization.
Note: The front panel buttons must used, NOT those on the Remote Control.
• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.
• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.
• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.
• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.
Example: If the Error Code is “34”, the LED will flash 3 times, pause, and then flash 4 times

Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TV was unplugged for 4 hours. "Device" and "Menu" buttons pushed at same time, done a couple of times, with the same result, light still flashing. The flashing is continuous, with no pause.
Sorry for the delay. The problem is with the DM module. Usually replacing the 6 1000microfarad 16V @105C caps fix it. But sometimes the DM module needs to be replaced or worked on a bit more. Sometimes the EEPROM Board is defective too. You can click here to have an idea about fixing it. It is not of your model but a similar one. I wish I had an easy fix for you. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics. Ofcourse you'll have my assistance.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask.

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help, so that I'll be credited for assisting you. The same is applicable even if you have subscription.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What would the approximate cost be for an inshop repair?
If you wish to take it to a repair shop it would cost you around $250-$300. When you call the repair center use reference Mitsubishi bulletin VS-76 and they will know what they are going to deal with. You can use http://national.citysearch.com/ and search for "TV Repair"(without quotes) in your area.Or you can use http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
When you call the repair center use reference Mitsubishi bulletin VS-76 and they will know what they are going to deal with.