bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.

I have a Sylvania SDVD7014 model portable dvd player... I

Customer Question

I have a Sylvania SDVD7014 model portable dvd player... I went and hooked up the A/V cable to the tv to try and get the dvd to play through the television... I hit the A-B button on the included remote and the picture went fuzzy... I turned off the dvd player, turned it back on and the dvd player no longer wants to start playing the dvd... Any solutions on how to fix this problem or reset the dvd player to start working again?
Category: TV
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by.

Manual LINK

The A-B button is used to repeat a section of a disc you want to replay over and over.
(see page 10 & 12 of the manual) Pressing a-b 1 time setst point a. Pressing it again further down the time sequence sets the b point. The unit will play the a-b data until you press a-b for a 3rd time to cancel.

Plugging in the A/V cable is all you should need to do with the player. However, you will have to change the input SOURCE on the TV. Look for a button on the TV remote labeled AV, SOURCE, or INPUT. Press it multiple times until the picture shows.

The only "reset" for the DVD player is to remove the disc and unplug it for 10 minutes.
Plug it back in, and try another disc.

If you require additional - Just Ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Than you for your time... I have unplugged the dvd player plugged it back in (the blue light is showing in the front when on) but when I put another disk in, it is not spinning the disk to even try and read it... Any other suggestions or have I just killed the dvd player?
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 4 years ago.
The issue is likely, then, with the DVD player if the disc plays fine on another player.