Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

my samsung dlp screen has small stationary white spots, first

my samsung dlp screen has small stationary white spots, first one afew days later another, then a third and a fourth. spots are fixed at locations and as they appear they are constant
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
What you have is quite common in your model. You have a bad DLP chip, this part will need to be replaced. If you have this done professionally you are looking at $500-600 for the repair.

However, I might have some good news for you. Samsung is replacing these for free on certain models. So the first thing you need to do is call them at 1-800-samsung to complain about the issue, they may fix it for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan