Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Why does my LCD tv have horizontal lines?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
To answer your question;
If the lines were vertical, i would say possibly the T-con board or the cables that connects it to the panel but in case of horizontal lines then it looks like the bonding of the panel itself as come apart i`m afraid.

Jack :

In which case there isn`t much that can be done.

Jack :

If you knock on the frame beside those lines, does it seem to affect it somewhat ?

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

No sir,I still have the back off, if that helps

Jack :

Do you have the tv nearby ?

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Yes sir just fired it back up

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

TV is on on working with the exception of the lines

Jack :

Sometimes knocking on the frame or pushing on the panel itself near the lines will affect it but not always

Jack :

In any case this is not looking good for the LCD panel itself

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Well thats not want I wanted to hear

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Any other options on what it may be

Jack :

I`m sure and i`m sorry to be the bearer of bad news .
Do you have something of a picture behind those lines ?

Jack :

Are they covering the whole screen or just part of it?

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

absolutly,great picture. It is the entire screen. Watching 101 dalmations

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

They kind of flicker as well

Jack :

Staright lines going all the way across ?

Jack :

straight

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Yes

Jack :

I`m afraid that looks like it but is there any way you could take a picture of it and upload it here ?

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Yes

Jack :

O.k, you can use the little paper clip icon above where you are typing to upload it

Jack :

Take your time, i will be in standby

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Gotta go pick up my daughter from scholl be back in about 15 min

Jack :

no problem, i`ll be here

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

I havent left yet, any thoughts ? Did you get the pic ?

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Hey Jack I'm back

JACUSTOMER-u7sksw1s- :

Hello

Jack :

Sorry, was locked on another post when you replied.
Did you load that picture here ?
You need to use the little paper clip icon (above where you type) to upload it.