TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

my remote for the new xfinity does not work volume works,

my remote for the new xfinity does not work
volume works, channel does not change, does not respond
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Xfinity remote DOES control the TV's Volume and makes the TV turn on and off ?

Then...your XFinity box changes numbers /Channels all the time correct?

That's the way they are designed to operate.

So....do you now need to set the TV to it's correct settings to GET the Xfiniity box's PICTURE AND SOUND to your TV set ???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tv picture ok, sound works, mute works, channels do not change, guide does not work
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

channels do not change, guide does not work

BOTH of those are related to the Cable box, and the Cable button on your remote.

graphic

Now, 3 out of FOUR remotes are designed like that. The lesser one is on the right of this row of remotes.

If you have that one....tell me.

All the instructions are on the first photo, so try that. Verify with me that you did press the Cable button and the results of the Guide and Channel changes.

If that doesn't work, complete the rest of the instructions, and let me know the end results.

You either get your Cable box changing channels.....or you don't.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
completed all instructions and it did not work
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, your TV is working FINE with the Cable remote, so we know that is ok.

The cable box is defective. It should have recovered after unplugging the Cable box's power cord for 5 minutes and it didn't.

It's time to call them, tell them you had a TV TECH come to your home (that's me) and checked out the TV and cable box.

He told you the Cable box is defective, and it needs to be exchanged for a new one.

They'll send out a Cable tech to exchange the box and remote.

Have the guy program your Cable remote to operate your TV before he leaves, ok?

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cannot view image on your email.
did all instruction in my remote for xfinity.
pressed cable no chanels work. Called comcast, spent one hour on the phone. Tech man is scheduled for Monday. I do not think you can help. It ha been since 9 am. and nothing works
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

We have run every test that the Cable Tech will run....again.

I troubleshot your problem even before they start working....

24/7 assistance. That's what Just Answers is all about.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

TV Tech1, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.