Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

My VIZIO 50" TV screen is black. I have good sound and my remote

My VIZIO 50" TV screen is black. I have good sound and my remote can adjust the sound & TV stations. I have unblugged the TV, pressed the INPUT & MENU buttons and still have a blank black screen. I am unable to see anything on the black screen, not even the "component 1" or other component settings on the screen. My other TV works fine in another part of the house. By telephone, COX's technician has refreshed my TV Cable twice, but still no screen - just black. Bought 10/2007 from Sams's Club; Model # XXXXX; Serial # XXXXX Any advice? ..... Sentell

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

The TV is faulty. If you still have audio, I would suspect the YSus or YBuffer boards. To track it down more precisely would require you to remove the back from the set and start troubleshooting with a multimeter. I can help there.

Can you do that?

If not, then you're facing a bill in the $300 range and up. keep your eye on the cost of new 50" plasma TVs - about $500.

Let me know how you want to proceed.