Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

my tv has white spots on the screen how do i fix it?

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
From your description and a well known problem from mitsubishi , i can guess that your tv is a DLP projection tv.
This is a common problem for this serie of mitsu. tv`s and it has to do with the DLP chip going defective.
Usually this chip will cost around $250 part alone and about the same in labor charges to have it replaced.

Jack :

I could be more specific if you could look up the tv`s model number ?

Jack :

I will be in standby, just send me a reply ,and i will be notified and be with you ASAP.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert. You will also receive an email when your question is updated. If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above. Experts are credited only for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

We are now in Q&A mode.
I left you an answer in the chat window above.

Hope this help and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
O.k then , this would be your part # XXXXX

This is and address where you could get it or you could use the part number i gave you if you`d like to do your own shopping;

And this is what it looks like;
By the way , if you search the web by using your tv`s model number and add "white dots" or spots , you will see that this is a common problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

No problem you`re welcome and you can close this post from your end with the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with my answer and have no other questions at this time.

Also, you will receive an email after this post is closed and there will be a link to get back to me anytime or you can just send a reply here if you have any questions or need help with the repair and i will be with you ASAP.

Thank you