Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

my remote control for my sylvania dvd remote stopped working.

my remote control for my sylvania dvd remote stopped working. I replaced the batteries but I still cannot turn the televison off or change it so I can use the dvd player. There does not seem to be a manual turn off button on the tv. I do have it hooked up to direct tv so I can still watch tv but have no way to turn off the tv itself or use the dvd player. I bought a universal remote and none of the codes work and the auto search does not work either. What do I do now?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer

To check if the remote control for the set is working please point it at a cellphone or digital camera look through the viewfinder of the camera at the remote and press any button on the remote you should see a glow from the front of the remote in the viewfinder, if you dont the remote isnt working and you will need a replacement remote control.
That model number you have supplied doesnt come up so you need to go to the back of the set to locate it on a sticky label, let me know this model number and I will locate a remote for you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I checked the remote control with my cell phone and it does light up when you press any of the buttons. The model # on the back of the tv is LD320SSX

OK that proves that the remote is working at least 90% certain anyhow this is the sets own remote I am refering too not the universal, so its looking like a receiver problem inside the set itself the receiver board could be faulty or the "eye" may have bad connections on this will mean the back will need to come off the set if you are practical and can use small tools and perhaps a soldering iron let me know otherwise you will need a tech to handle this

Let me know