Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

I have rolling black horizontal lines on my screen (26LV610U) I

Customer Question

I have rolling black horizontal lines on my screen (26LV610U)

I can no longer see any programs

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, HOW TO FIX IT

WHAT TO DO??
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tim: This set was purchased in October 2009. It is a TV/DVD combination

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
So if you watch a DVD in it, do you have this same problem?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO...it's just fine (and now the TV is working too). what's up with that?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Thats quite odd. It could be a fluke or an intermittent problem that could come back. But at this point its almost impossible to know since the tv is working.

However, if you were to test the dvd while the problem was present and the dvd looked fine, then your cable would be the most likely to be the problem.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS SO MUCH!! Sarah

515/720-1517

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THANKS SO MUCH!! Sarah

515/720-1517 (YOU CAN CALL COLLECT)

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Sarah,

I am sorry, I am unable to call you or contact you in any way other than through this website. If you like you can all our customer service line at 1-888-862-9212 or XXXXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and they can explain anything you need to know.

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YET ANOTHER PROBLEM.......

Now I am unable to change the channels!!!

What's up with that?!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YET ANOTHER PROBLEM.......

What's up with that?!!

ALSO: I have a special DVR program thru MediaCom which I am not able to access either. I need this!!!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Sarah,

First for your billing question...you did not sign up for the subsciption, so you will not be charged more than the $31 you agreed to.

As for your problem with the channels....do you have cable, satellite or antenna?

Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have MediaCom cable with a DVR box (all problems which I believe relate and apply to my first question)?!

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
I believe your DVR box is the problem here, most likely causing the problems with the channel chaning and the black lines you saw. You will want to contact MediaCom and get a new box at this point.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YOU WERE SO RIGHT- MediaCom has fixed the other problem. Thanks

BUT- no subscription PLEASE. sarah

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 2 years ago.
Great news! Glad you got it working.

Tim