Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have an emerson tv, model number LC320EM1F, SERIAL NUMBER

I have an emerson tv, model number LC320EM1F, SERIAL NUMBER DS3A1039449102 AND THE TV GOES INTO STANDBY MODE AND IT TAKES 10 TO 15 MINUTES AND TO TURN THE TV ON. SOMETHING TO DO WITH ENERGY SAVER. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON WITHOUT PUSHING THE ON BUTTON 300 TIMES TO GET THE TV ON. ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME AT XXX-XXX-XXXX.

THANK YOU,

ROBERT L. HARRISON
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Just a couple questions so I can get a better idea about what's going on here.

1. How old is the TV?
2. Once it turns on, does everything work normally?

Respectfully,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE TV WAS BOUGTH NOVEMBER 2010. YES EVERYTHING WORKS NORMALLY AFTER IT COMES ON.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Do you plan to repair this yourself, or are you just trying to figure out what may be wrong and if it's worth professional repair?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND IF ITS FIXABLE. I PAYED 198.00 PLUS TAX.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
With your model, this is almost always caused by defective capacitors on the power supply circuit board which is inside the TV. Repair is almost always cost effective. A technician will need to remove the capacitors and install new ones. For parts and labor, this usually runs $100-$150. Sometimes, the board needs to be replaced which typically runs $250 or so, for parts and labor. That option may not be cost effective.

TVrepairpros.com has a pretty good tech listing.

Let me know if you need anything else. If you're finished, please click "Accept" so the site credits me with helping you today! Thanks!

Respectfully,
Dan T.