PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

Subject: Sony Trinitron Blinking Stand By Light When I

Subject: Sony Trinitron Blinking Stand By Light

When I turn the power on, the TV makes a few clicking sounds then sounds like it is turning off. Instead, the Stand By Light starts blinking sets of a repeating red lighy continuously until the power cord is unplugged. The same problem repeats after plugging
in the cord and turning on the power switch again. I cannot get out of this cycle. Is there a way to reset the TV?
Thanks,
Beel
Hello Beel,

Thank you for choosing Justanswer. Before I start, please answer the following questions.

Have you tried unplugging the set for a while and also trying different power outlets(without the surge protector, if you are using any)?

How many times does the red light blink? For r.g 6-pause-6 and so on.

What is the exact model no.? You can find it at the back of the set.

Regards,
Pramit
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We are using a surg protector. I will unplug it for 30 min. and try again later.

The red light blinks for 3 short and 1 long in sequence...pauses....repeats again the same sequence.

The model number is XXXXX

Bill

Can you re-check? It must either 2 or 4 or 5.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The sequence is 4. The 4th red flash is in rhythm with the others.....it just is on longer than the first 3.

Bill

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX happens when there is a fault in the 13V line of the A board. Also, IC502 in the A board needs to be replaced. I wish I had an easy fix for you. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics. Ofcourse you'll have my assistance.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries, feel free to ask.

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help, so that I'll be credited for assisting you.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!
Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, please give me an idea of the repair cost.

Thanks,

Bill

I'd guesstimate around $200-$250. You can use http://national.citysearch.com/ and search for "TV Repair"(without quotes) in your area.Or you can use http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help, so that I'll be credited for assisting you. If you have a subscription, you must hit accept if you want to acknowledge my help.
Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK