Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

MY SANYO 50 IN PLASMA TV WILL NOT TURN ON, WHEN YOU HIT THE

MY SANYO 50 IN PLASMA TV WILL NOT TURN ON, WHEN YOU HIT THE BUTTON IT MAKES A CLICKING SOUND THEN SHUTS OFF. I UNPLUGGED IT FOR 2 DAYS BUT IT STILL DOES IT.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MN865091TAE1

934K5DU8

Is on the back

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

This is not a valid model number, a Samsung model number would be similar to PN50LN80 or something smilar. Can you check again please?

Also, how many times does the TV click, or is it just once?

Also, are there any blinking lights on the front of the set when it's clicking?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

DP5079 is on the owners manual.

No blinking lights on the tube

click, click then the green power shows power for 9-10 seconds then turns off and the starts the process all over again.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

It's a Sanyo, my mistake.

Unfortunately, this problem is either that the mainboard or the low voltage rail from the power supply that feeds it has shorted and failed. The clicking is the power on relay disengaging/engaging over and over again due to the short. I just had a customer with the same problem, and we were able to narrow down the problem to the mainboard (most common problem on this set), by opening the TV and disconnecting the mainboard from the power supply to get the clicking to stop. If you'd like to repair the set yourself, the Mainboard for your set can be purchased online for around $100, and this would save you around $200 in labor.

Voltages must be measured at the power supply output both under load and no load to determine which board has the failure. Unfortunately there is no reset you can perform to fix this problem and the set will require service. Average cost for this type of repair is $200 parts and labor to repair the supply, or $300 parts and labor to replace the mainboard (parts and labor). If you are not comfortable opening up the set, then you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses and welcomed and appreciated!