Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

I tried to program my remote to the Directv receiver and it

I tried to program my remote to the Directv receiver and it did not work. After trying to program the remote for my new Vizio tv model XVT3D424SV to the receiver I can no longer get some of the vizio remote functions to work. The menu button no longer opens the menu and that's the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

Just to be certain I understand. You programmed the DirecTV remote to work with your TV - but the DirecTV remote will not bring up the menu on the TV? Is this correct?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I tried to program the Vizio remote to the Directv receiver. It did not work and then some of the Vizio remote buttons didn't work.
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

Okay - when you tried to program the Vizio remote to the DirecTV receiver, did you select the Sat option, or program it as the TV (i.e., in the TV position)?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm going to try starting over from initial set up and see if I can re-program the Vizio remote from skratch. I will try to get back to you after that.

Thanks

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.

If the remote model you have is VUR10 3D - then it is not a universal remote that will control the DirecTV receiver. This remote uses BlueTooth and InfraRed (IR) - I suspect that you need to re-pair the remote with the TV.

Thanks,