Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I cannot turn off the closed captioning on vizio p50hdm. I

Customer Question

I cannot turn off the closed captioning on vizio p50hdm. I have tried the cc button on the remote numerous times. any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no closed captioning during game console operation, but we do have it during cable broadcasts. TV is provide via Xfinity
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Are you pushing the CC button on the Xfinity remote or the vizio remote?

If on the vizio remote then you need to look on the xfinity remote or in the xfinity menu to turn it off.

If you pressed it on the xfinity remote then you need to press it on the vizio remote or in the vizio menu.

Let me know what you find.

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have turned it off on the vizio remote. We have looked through the xfinity remote and its prompts not seen a cc button
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, sometimes the cc option on the xfinity box is hidden, do you have the model number for the xfinity box?

Tim