Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

What is he best router to function properly with LG Smart TV?

What is he best router to function properly with LG Smart TV? My current Belkin N- class will not let certain Apps such as Hulu Plus function most of the time. Works fine directly connected to the cable modem, but not the router. Wireles or hardwired is the same. Even turning off the Firewall in the router is only a marginal help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, I would like to assist you with your question today. Please remember to click ACCEPT after you are satisfied so I get credit for my time.

p0llinate :

Belkin routers have been known to exhibit odd behavior such as this with some devices

p0llinate :

How far is the router located from the tv?

p0llinate :

I'll be happy to recommend a new router for you, in my opinion the best are Buffalo. They are easy to set up, have a robust firmware with lots of customization options if desired, and good range and security. I'll vary my model recommendation based on the distance involved or size of the home to make sure you have the appropriate sized system.

p0llinate :

I can't tell if you're still with me in the chat right now, so I'll give you a general recommendation, the Buffalo Technology AirStation High Power N300 Gigabit Wireless Router & AP WZR-HP-G300NH (Black) (click on it for link to view/purchase) which will work for nearly all situations.

p0llinate :

If you happen to be quite far from the router or need a router to serve a very large home, you can get the next model up which will have a bit more range and will also do a better job if you're using a lot of devices at the same time: Buffalo Technology AirStation HighPower N600 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router WZR-HP-AG300H (black)

Customer:

Distance is not a factor and the TV will in fact remain hardwired. I just need a router that will work with the LG. I know something is being blocked by the current Belkin or there is undisclosed packet loss taking place as a speed test from the TV's browser is sluggish off the router and only shows an upload speed of less than 100k where as when directly connected to the modem I get superior response and upload speeds exceeding 1.5 mbps. Quite a difference.

p0llinate :

I would go with the first router I recommended then. I can speak from experience as I am using the same router, and have done so in many other installs, and it works quite well with smart tvs/bluray/appletv/googletv devices for netflix, hulu, amazon, etc with no log or firewall issues.