Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.

connect a DVD player to Sony Bravia TV KF50E200A Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNN

connect a DVD player to Sony Bravia TV KF50E200A Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNN Thank You.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

KF-50E200A has 7 different video inputs, let me know what input is connected with DVD player.
What are colors of video cable used for this connection setup and what is model and brand of DVD player.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You,Shahid. the DVD Player is an LG Model: DK6922P. Consider there is no connections and start from the beginning. The two verticle rows on the left used for Foxtell and a Sony HDD Recording Unit. The S-Video is connected to the DVD Player. That leaves 2 verticle rows of 5 connections and another verticle row of 3. Alongside is 2 marked L top And R bottom. All of these are clear.
How do you think it should be connected?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
There is little switch Video Output at rear of DVD player, make sure it is set to S-Video position, if still no picture come up in TV, try another S-Video cable as this one could be broken internally or unplug S-Video cable and connect Yellow-Red-White cable in TV and DVD player to get picture and sound.

Hope these info will help to solve the issue, let me know if there is additonal question.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You Shahid, i am not getting any sound,which i forgot to mention.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
S-Video cable only provide video signal, connect RCA red-white cable for sound in TV and DVD player, it will be connected in Audio Out jacks of player and Audio In (L-R) under S-Video input row of TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Shahid, is there any others as i explained that those spots are already in use.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, you cant connect S-Video there because it will turn Off Foxtell or Sony HDD Recording Unit that is connected in yellow video input under that S-Video input.
Unplug S-Video cable from TV and player.

Now you have component video connection option and have 3 inputs for that, one is on side panel and 2 at rear (5 jacks in row)
You need 5 RCA wires for that setup, 3 for video and 2 for audio.
Red-White on both TV and player for sound connection and red-green-blue for video on TV and player, make sure to connect red to red, blue to blue and green to green jacks. Slide the switch at rear of player to Component position to get player picture in TV.

Hope this will help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Shahid, at the back of the TV there is two sets of red,blue and green jacks alongside each other,does it make any difference which is used and which audio jacks at the back of the TV to use? The S-Video connection didn't seem to effect Foxtell or the HDD.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Please use any of those two but use same audio input in that row, check below image of rear side TV connections that may explain it better.
For example, if you use #4 row of jacks, all 5 wires will be hooked in same row.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that connection with no luck. This unit has a red,white and yellow jacks verticle in between the two L&R jacks and the block of ten jacks
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, lets make it simple.

Connect Yellow-Red-White cable at side panel input of TV and select Video Input 2 in TV, connect other end pins of AV cable in same color jacks at rear of DVD player, set little switch at rear of DVD player to S-Video and check DVD player picture in TV along with sound.

Hope this will help.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry Shahid, i think that i will have to get someone in to fix the connections as i can't manage. I thank you for you effort.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem.

Thanks.