Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

Sharp Quatron LC-40LE830U LED Blinks two long, 5 short

Customer Question

I have a sharp Quatron LC-40LE830U The LED Blinks two long, then 5 short. The main pwer board was replaced but the TV still has the same error. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.

Steven :

Hi my name is Steven. I will be right with you. I may have a few questions to be able to provide you with a more accurate answer to your question.

Steven :

That code is not a power supply fault, it is a inverter or lamp fault with in the LCD panel.

Customer :

So, the tech charged me for the wrong part then. I am not new to repairs, but should I replace it myself??

Customer :

if so, is this the proper part?? LCD Control Unit: RUNTK4910TPZE

Customer :

the TV is out of warranty so at this point I may try this myself. All I need is the proper direction to start.

Steven :

No that is the Tcon, does the models have a (A) or (B) after the model number ?

Customer :

one moment

Customer :

the model on the back and side are LC-40LE830U

Steven :

to right of that there is no A or B in a box ?

Steven :

Full Size Image
\

Customer :

I do not see sanything. I am taking a photo if that helps

Steven :

Ok what is the part number of the board you replaced ?

Customer :

POWER LED Drive Unit RUNTKA786WJQZ

Steven :

Ok that is the part for the fault code you are getting, what does the Tv acually do, can you tell if the panel lights breifly ?

Customer :

Back of tv
Full Size Image

Customer :

it lights for a couple of seconds, then black. The LED on the TV stays solid for roughly 30 seconds, then 2 long flashes and 5 short

Steven :

if you have replaced the LED drive board and that did not solve the problem I afraid the news is not very good, it is likely that the LCD panel is bad, how old is the Tv ?

Customer :

I am not sure what happened there..

Customer :

the TV is just over a year

Steven :

wow, worth a call to sharp cause the cost of a new LCD panel will exceed the value of the Tv.

Steven :

I would think they would provide some assistance (warranty exception)

Customer :

I would hope so.... wasnt a cheap TV

Customer :

so you figure replacing anything else is pointless at this point..

Steven :

Unfortunatle I do, the code is a panel fault usually caused by the LED driver board or the panel itself. there really isn't much to the Tv, Power supply main board and tcon along with panel. that fact that the panel lights tell us the main board is turning everything on and the LED driver board is working to light the panel, the fault then comes from the panel to shut it all down.

Customer :

calling sharp now..

Steven :

Good luck.

Steven :

They want you to have it evaluated by a authorized service center.

Steven :

They may want you to have it evaluated by a authorized service center.

Customer :

YES THEY DO

Customer :

I just got off the phone with them

Steven :

well it may be worth it if the panel is bad they will most likely pay for the parts at least.

Steven :

Good luck and thank you for using JA, I wish I had a quick fix or easy repair for you but this may work out for the better for you. Have a great evening.