Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Im trying to hook a tv sound bar system to my 32 Coby TV

I'm trying to hook a tv sound bar system to my 32' Coby TV and it's not working.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Please get me the model number off the back of the Coby TV.

Also, what is the make and model number of the soundbar?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tv Model number ::: TFTV3225

Sound Bar ::: Sony SA-32SE1

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

On the back of the TV is a set of Red and White RCA jacks labeled "Audio Output", you would connect the RCA adaptor that comes with the Sony Soundbar to these jacks, and then connect the 1/8" end of that plug into the 1/8" Input on the soundbar.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It only has a orange Audio Output (Coaxial) No RCA
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
According to the manual it also has an "Analogue Audio out", perhaps they're referring to a headphone output jack? Do you see this on the back of the Coby? If not, then the manual I have is wrong, and there IS a workaround. Simply let me know and I will let you know how to hook these up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No Analogue Audio Out

It only has Home IN I think it's for computer hook ups, PC IN, Autio Out (Coaxial), Component in 1, Component in 2, AV in 1, & TV in ant. Than on the side it has AV in 2.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. The manual spec sheet I found had the correct model number, but perhaps not the right information. If you only have "Coaxial" Digital out, then you will need a converter to connect this set to the Soundbar you have. The converter connects via a single RCA cable to the Coaxial out, and then has RCA jacks on it to connect to the soundbar via the included adaptor cable. Below is a link to the converter you'd need:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=180-997

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thanks!