Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a sony Ke42m1 the sound works great but the picture

I have a sony Ke42m1 the sound works great but the picture suddenly stop, What can this be?
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have my question been answered yet? I have not received a response yet! Thank you!

-How old is the unit?

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This tv is about seven yrs old. No other devices are connected to it, just able tv!
If you press the mENU button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it doesen't!
There are a couple of different things that could cause this problem, the first is the power supply, if the portion of the power supply that feeds the sustain boards fails, you will loose picture but still have audio. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem. To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $200-$400, this is a good average, however it could be more or less.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan