Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

How to determine if a T-CON board is defective?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.

If you could answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

Are these vertical lines visible if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control?can you see the lines over the menu display?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The screen is white with no menu in back ground. They come up soon as you plug in.

OK please give me the full story of the original fault why you changed the t-con board and anything else you can think of so I can get a better understanding of the trouble.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Received tv set from friend the lines were on when you plug in from the start.From reading some articals on line determined it was the T-Con board. They are hard to find but I got one and installed but nothing has changed don't know if the board I received was good or not so if there is anything else I can check im listening.

Do you still have a picture on the set? The lines are over the picture? You said the display was white? I am a bit confused here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What I would like to know is... how can you test a T-Con board?

You cant "test" the T-CON board if it has a faulty component on it has to be determined by swopping the board, their is no test procedure which is why I am asking questions to the fault, if by swopping the board the fault clears then you know the board is indeed faulty or not, flat tv technology in the main is a board swopping exercise with no checks or tests other then using the menu as a signal injector this tells me a lot, however your reply so far on that is you have a white screen which is what I don't understand.

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
With the original T-CON board wasn't receiving picture replaced with what I was told a new board when I plugged in tv the screen was white with vertical colored lines. So I reinstalled the original T - con board the picture stays on for alwhile then horizontal lines apear then screen goes black
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

>>the picture stays on for a while then horizontal lines appear then screen goes black<<

Does this happen every time you turn it on? Picture, then horizontal lines, then black?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes after the tv is on for extended period of time the lines start appearing then goes black
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Dim the room and turn the TV on. Wait for the screen to go black. Is there a faint glow coming from the screen like the backlight is on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help its the lcd panel that is bad.