Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

my tv panasonic viera 52" suddenly stopped working and screenI

Customer Question

my tv panasonic viera 52" suddenly stopped working and screenI tryed became dark. has a red light that blinksand I tried everything nothing works my tv only have two years
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Just a couple questions so I can get a better idea about what's going on here.

1. What's the TV's model number? Look on its rear panel, please.
2. The light should be flashing in groups. How many times does it flash before pausing and flashing all over again?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model tc-p50c2 the light dosen't have time is flashing without stop, i just notice flashing 10 times fast and stop for 2 sec
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Ok with your model, a continuous flash means there is an internal failure but the TV isn't quite sure where it is. We'll need to get inside to do some troubleshooting. Do you plan to repair this yourself, or are you just trying to figure out what may be wrong and if it's worth having repaired?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know for sure. I'm very short on my money. if i can do my self i can try, but if is very dificult may i don.t. Be honest to you your message do not tell me any news i alredy figure out wath hepning i knew is some kind of internal problem. I thought you were telling me that something more technical answer I already was sure what it was, because as I told you I tried everything and nothing worked. I queromeu devolta money please thank you for your time
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
>>I queromeu devolta money<<

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking. I can help you troubleshoot and repair this and save money. I just need to know if you're willing to get inside the TV or not. Your model has a diagnostics system built in, which will trigger the red LED to blink in a specific pattern. That pattern helps us identify what may be wrong. A 1-blink, pause, 1-blink type of pattern literally means "no particular error." As I said, I can help you narrow this down. Just let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how difficult if to get inside of the tv? where we need to open the tv in the back

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Not difficult to remove the back panel. There will be screws all around the edge, as well as a few holding the stand in place, and usually a couple more on the input panel where all your devices connect to the TV.

Let me know when the panel is removed, and I'll post a test for you to try.