Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Sony LCD rear projection TV - color has big spots of yellow

Sony LCD rear projection TV - color has big spots of yellow & some dk blue - can this be fixed - TV ony 6-7yrs old....
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer

I dont have very good news for you about this issue.....the problem is a failing light engine namely the optical block itself in this LCD rear projection set now sony have had major problems with all their LCD rear projection sets for this issue from about 2009 when sony lost a court case
The light engine can be replaced however the cost is high at $800+ and their is no real gaurantee that the fault wont re-occur.
Here is a comprehensive article on this including an update on Sonys current position they were offering discounted and in some cases replacement sets upto recently

You need to ring sony to find out their current status for re-dress on this issue

Let me know if you need more info