Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a samsung smart tv model no. ue46d6000. I am connected

I have a samsung smart tv model no. ue46d6000. I am connected to the internet but the smart hub does not recognise this. need to solve the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I will be happy to help but need more information to give you the correct answer (the more details you provide the faster we can solve your problem):

1. Are you connected with wireless or wired?

2. When you check the Network Status menu item in the Tv does it say you are connected? Is all the IP information filled in, no red X, etc.

3. Exactly what error or problem do you see on your screen?

Please reply here to this topic.

Thank You

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am connected by wireless Network status shows me to be connected
When I go onto smart hub it says network is not connected check network settings. But network settings say I am connected

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

More details please:

1. Is this the first time trying the Smart Hub feature (new installation), or was it working before and suddenly stopped working?

2. Did you get past creating a Smart Hub account? Exactly how far into it are you getting?

3. Have you tried power cycling your router and Tv (unplug them from power, count to five, plug back in)? This will force any wireless connections to re-acquire the IP information. Alot of times this will fix it.

4. Have you updated the Tv firmware. Every so often Samsung releases firmware updates that solve these kinds of problems. It is your responsibility to keep the Tv firmware up to date.

Hopefully you saved some time by coming here to get your answer. I am here to help so if you need further assistance please reply here to this topic. If your question has been answered then you may now click Accept.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. I have changed my telephone connection to a satellite connection to get more mbites. The smart hub was working before on the previous connection but not since I changed over
2. I have created a samsung account but I cannot retrieve my password. I cannot get a reply from Samsung
3 I have tried this reocmmendation but it has not solved the problem
4 I updated the software about two weeks ago
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

"I have changed my telephone connection to a satellite connection to get more mbites. The smart hub was working before on the previous connection but not since I changed over."

Are you using your own wireless router or is it provided by the internet service?

"I have created a samsung account but I cannot retrieve my password."

So you can get to the account screen, but the password XXXXX't working?

What screen are you looking at?

Exactly what error do you get?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using a modem supplied by the internet service and a router bought locally. I have also tried connecting directly to the modem but not successful
I have now made a new password XXXXX Samsung but it may not be activated until tomorrow
I am looking at the Smart Hub page when trying to log in
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to ask this several times. I don't know any other way to ask except-

Exactly what error do you get?

If it is a login/password XXXXX then you are connecting to the Samsung servers and the Tv is functioning properly, so you will have to wait and resolve the password XXXXX Samsung.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have managed to merge my two accounts and reset my password
Now I have to register accounts like Facebook with ID and Password
At least I am making progress
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Every time I go onto Smart Hub and highlight Samsung Apps Iget on screen the message Network is not connected. Check network settings
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

I suggest you:

Unplug the Tv from power.

Remove the WiFi adapter from the Tv.

Get an ethernet cord and plug the Tv directly into your Router.

Plug in the Tv.

Setup/verify the network settings on the Tv.

Try smart hub.

If it works then your WiFi adapter needs to be changed.

If it doesn't then try bypassing the router and plug the Tv directly into the internet modem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried all the above with no success. When I restored the Wi-Fi adapter and checked the network settings the message on screen was
Network setting complete but cannot connect to the internet.Contact your internet service provider to use internet service.
Before I took this action the internet connection showed ok
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

You said that it stopped working when you switched from DSL to Satellite. I suspect this may be the problem.

Who exactly is your Internet Service Provider?

Did you bypass the router and plug the Tv directly into the internet modem?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My internet service provider is a satellite firm in England. I live in portugal in the country where I could only receive less than one mb from the local provider.
I now get six mbites but the system is a satellite dish. The firm is called Tooway
The smart hub has never worked since the new system was installed. I contacted the provider and they said it should work ok but it doesn't
I tried bypassing the router and plugging directly into the modem but it did not work
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I bet that is the problem. Often satellite internet providers block certain ports and restrict certain kinds of traffic to curb users from downloading massive amounts of data which clogs up their satellite. If you want to use real-time streaming services (like your Samsung smart hub feature, online gaming, etc), you may have to upgrade your satellite account (at additional cost) to a static IP account. Call Tooway to upgrade.

Mike G., Technician
Experience: 10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup