Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

The picture and sound on my Samsung TV keeps breaking up.

The picture and sound on my Samsung TV keeps breaking up. "Signal has been lost" on the screen when it happens. This does not happen on my other TV. Is this a problem with the Samsung TV or ATT Uverse providing the service?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Does the same issue occur if you use a different video source like the DVD player, VCR, game console, etc.?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have those video sources attached to that TV.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Then it's impossible to know if it's the uVerse signal, or the TV. If you can connect another device, that would be ideal for troubleshooting. Otherwise, our first step here is to reboot the uVerse box by disconnecting its power cord for 5 minutes... then you can reconnect it. If this persists, call ATT and have them manually send a reboot signal and also check the service strength in the area. If it persists after that, we should replace the cable that connects the uVerse box to the TV.