Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

turn off power saving feature on Sony Bravia TV

Customer Question

turn off power saving feature on Sony Bravia TV.When the feature kicks in, the screen goes dark. This happens while using DVDs and Apple TV Netflix applications. I am advised by U-Verse that I have their fastest speed "24" service
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

What's the TV's full model number? Look on its rear panel, please.

Respectfully,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model # XXXXX SN(NNN) NNN-NNNN MARCH 2010 Also I found that 3 ( a red , white , and yellow ) plugs had not been connected to the video input place, so I connected these. Your response went into my junk file inadvertently.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Please read this whole post, and keep replying to me until you're satisfied. Once you're satisfied, you can click "Accept" (that part is important... it's how I get paid). You'll also be afforded the opportunity to leave me positive feedback and a tip. While not required, both would certainly be appreciated!

Ok, with that model there is actually a switch on the side of the TV. I've included a diagram to help you find it. If you press the dot inward, energy saving mode is ON.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I push the dot, the switch throws and the TV turns off. I then pushed the top "Power" bottom to no avail. Apparently, the set won't work with the "Power Saving" button turned off.

What now?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I was confused about what you were asking initially. The energy saving switch I referred you to, is for use when the TV is off. It prevents the "always on" circuits like the power supply from using energy while the TV is off.

The power save mode you're talking about, is controlled by the ambient light sensor on your TV. You should see it, next to the remote sensor. I believe it's on the lower left corner of the TV. To adjust that, you'll need to go unto the settings menu... then "picture & display" then "ambient sensor."

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My remote doesn't have a button "settings" . Where should I look?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got to "ambient sensor and turned it "off"

How will this affect my TV and original problem?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

The ambient sensor is designed to sense the amount of light in the room. If it's very bright, the TV increases its brightness. If it senses a low light condition, it reduces the brightness. Turning off the sensor will prevent those changes of brightness and will allow you to fully control the TV settings.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will test to see if this solves the problem and click "accept answer" in a few days. Please remind me by Saturday. Also I notice my remote has no place to replace a battery. What gives?

Thanks,

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Dan,

I can't send you a reminder, but the site usually has an automated reminder that goes out a day or two after we talk. Look for that.

As for the batteries, they're hidden...

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here