Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

How do I change the screen size on my TV? The screen view is

How do I change the screen size on my TV? The screen view is larger than the screen size of my TV and I am missing information at the top and bottom of the screen.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes we still need an answer!
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
This problem lies in your signal source
Do you have Cable and a box?
look at your cable remote for a # XXXXX an aspect button or pix size button
set the tv to 4X3
set the cable box to stretch
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Our cable box is from Comcast. Their remote does not have any of the 3 buttons that you mention. Our cable box is RNG150. The remote does have an info button. How should we proceed?
According to the manual your remote DOES HAVE a # XXXXX
and this is the key you need
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Comcast remote does not have a # XXXXX We are currently using a Logitech Harmony 300 remote to control our TV, cable and DVD player.
what is the MODEL number of the remote you have for the comcast
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have Comcast remotes. One is Model #RC1475507/02B. The other one is model #RC2392101/02B.
Under the #9 on the remote there is an HD ZOOM button in the same spot that the # XXXXX XXXXX any other remote or keypad or even your cell phone
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you that worked! The button moves through several variations of screen aspects. On our TV remote what should our optional screen settings be to use this feature ? (Setting memory, wide mode, auto wide, 4:3 Default, Auto display area, display area)
whatever looks good to you
usually 4:3
thanks for using JA
Please ACCEPT and Have a great day
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. This has been a very frustrating problem that you helped us with.