TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

i have a panasonic plasma tv model tc-p50g10 is not power

Customer Question

i have a panasonic plasma tv model tc-p50g10 is not power on the power led blinking 3 times over and cver
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Ok, thanks. Do you want to repair this yourself? Do you have experience? Tools?

Or are you just trying to figure out it's reparable?

Respectfully,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have experiences and i want to repair myself
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
OK the first thing we need to do is disconnect the TV's power cord, then remove the rear panel.

Now standing behind the TV, find the scan drive board which will be on your left hand side... large board with heatsinks attached.

Disconnect the scan drive board from the power supply board then reconnect the TV's power cord and see if the TV will turn on without flashing at you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is a problem i do not have the tv set whit me in this moment is in my brhoters house
what can we do we can do this other day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello dan i am waiting for an answer
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Yes, we can do this another day just let me know when you're ready.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi sorry but i do not have time to be in front of the tv. i did not try what you tell me, i am going to do that tomorrow so i hope you are going to be on line tomorrow.

thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Ok no problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi dan i am in fron of the tv i just Disconnect the scan drive board from the power supply board and what a got is 7 red blinks over and over
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Ok that's normal. Go ahead and reconnect that board.

Ok, now we'll need to measure the DC voltages coming off the power supply board.

To do this, put your red lead on each pin leaving the power supply one at a time, with your black lead on any exposed chassis metal for ground. Stick that red lead down into the connector so the lead makes contact with the pin.

Be sure the TV is turned on. If it's shutting down too quickly, put your leads in place first and turn it on and see what the voltage jumps to before it shuts off (the voltage will drain post-shutoff).

Let me know what you're measuring.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi i try to measure the voltages but the tv shutoff very quickly.this what i got in the multimiter .462 v dc.

let me tell you this the power supply after the reley clic on ther is i noise coming out from the power supply i am not sure from where .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello dan i am waiting for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Check your power supply board and see if you have the 5 Volts available on Plug P25 when turned on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have 5 volts in p25
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, the part number you need to replace is TNPH0793AC also numbered TXN/A1DWUUS

Right now, I'm not finding any in stock. That board is the board with all the Input jacks on it.

You should Google that part number every 3 Days and get one.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=TNPH0793AC&limit=5&mode=grid

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1dwuus-main-unit-for-tc-p50g10.htm

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you 100% sure

because like i said the power supply make a buzzing noise after the relays click on an than go to stand by
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

If you have 5 volts on P25, then the A board has power to the 3.3 Volt regulator and it's not producing 3.3 Volts. That's what the 3 blink fail code tells us, no 3.3 Volts. You check the 5 volt line before calling the 3.3 volt supply bad.

Check PIN 5 and 6 on Plug 25 with the TV powered up, follow my previous picture.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello tv tech1 how are you to day

last time you ask me to check 5 volts in the power supply conecter p25,and a toll you yes i have 5 volts, but the 5 volts i have is 5 volts
(stb)pin 9 of the conecter p25. is hard to check the rest of the volts because the tv shutting down too quickly and goes to stand by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

MODEL -- TC-P50G10

Chassis -- GPH12DU

are you 100% sure

This is what I KEYED in on when I told you to replace the board I listed above --

graphic

We know we're getting 15 Volts to drive Both the 3.3 Volt and 15 Volt lines, PLUS we have our standby 5 that I had you test.

Now, since the 3.3 Volt regulator is not working, but the 15 Volt is, we get 3 Blink fail code instead of the 2 blink code.

AND....

We know the micro is functioning because we GET a code in the first place !

We KNOW the A-Board is bad....and it's likely shutting down the power supply board, which could certainly affect relay operation on the power supply board.

So....you want to FORCE the power supply ON??

Let me show you how that's done --

First, we pre-stage the power supply so we don't take out any other boards --

graphic

Once that's done, then we force the Power supply ON -- PLUG P25 Pin 11.

Unplug A25, find pin 11 (marked) and connect it to PIN 9, the 5 Volt standby supply.

And hope it doesn't smoke the power supply.....if it does, then you were right to be concerned that the power supply was also bad......

graphic

As for me...I'll trust the TV set to tell me the A board is what is bad.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi tv tech1 i replace is TNPH0793AC also numbered TXN/A1DWUUS parbut steel the same problem
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Hmm, that has got to be the A-Board

MODEL -- TC-P50G10

Chassis -- GPH12DU

graphic

3 BLINKS -- 3.3 Volts SOS. 15V (P) line is monitored as is the 3.3, yet the 2 Blink code never shows up. Something using 3.3 Volts has got to be pulling the 3.3 Volts down

A31 Ribbon Cable on the A board does deliver 3.3V (P) to the C2 board.

In this PICTURE, check out the 15 Volt and 3.3 Volt power supplies -- 15 is Blue, 3.3 Volt is Yellow --

graphic

The Green box is something I found that wasn't mentioned -- The 3.3 is supplied to the Data Driver board at the bottom of the TV set in the middle.

graphic

To test that...You make sure you DISCONNECT BOTH cables noted in the above picture.

THEN it's ok to turn it on and see if the 3 Blink Code is NOT showing up anymore !

graphic

So, do that. Disconnect the VDA line to power down those boards, then disconnect the Ribbon cable noted. That's the only other line I could find that uses that 3.3 Volt power regulator, and the Service manual didn't list that at all in the Fail codes.

.