Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

Hi, I have a Samsung HLT6187SX/XAA DLP television, about 4

Hi, I have a Samsung HLT6187SX/XAA DLP television, about 4 years old.
No problems until last night, when the picture suddenly went black for a couple of minutes, and then came back on.....but with a greenish tint to everything.
I tried adjusting the tint, with no change, and went through the various menu's, and sources, but the greenish tint remained.
I thought that maybe the lamp was going bad, so I went to Samsung's part sight, and they don't even show a lamp for this TV. Any suggestions? I can't afford a new set at this point in time, and hope that it can be fixed.
Thanks,
wayne
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Please let me know if its like this on other inputs like a dvd/vcr/bluray/game any of those?

Also when you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you make out the tint over the menu display?

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, It's still green, while watching a DVD.

The color at the top of the menu display is also green.

Hi

OK the problem is a failed phatlight LED their are 3 phatlights for each primary color red/green/blue its the blue one thats failed, so their wont be any blue in the picture just a green tint, to replace the phatlight is not easy to do you will need to have practical abilities if you attempted it?
This set is an LED drive engine as opposed to the lamp version of the set

A tech would charge about $250-$300 for this you can locate a tech in your area by using this hXXXXX XXXXXnk www.tvrepairpros.com

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, Anthony.

If I were to attempt to replace it myself, where ca I get the part, and for how much?

Would it be worth considering the other phatlights at the same time?

Also, how difficult is the repair. I'm reasonably intelligent, and can follow instructions.

What do you suggest?

Hi

You can get the LED from www.partstore.com I cant rem how much but not a great deal

Would it be worth considering the other phatlights at the same time? No need to replace others

What do you suggest?

You will need a service manual to help with this and you should be able to get one from www.manualsparadise.com or www.nodevice.com or www.samsungparts.com

Its moderately difficult

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main