TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My Samsung big screen LCD picture is split and mirrored (left

Customer Question

My Samsung big screen LCD picture is split and mirrored (left and right). Color is there but image is fuzzy. How can I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Are you getting repeating/Dual images displayed left to right?

Check your TV's menu and see if it's affecting it or not.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not a dual image. It's the right half of the image projected correctly and the left half of the image projected mirrored (backward). When I try to get the menu on the screen, it'd difficult to read. What can I try?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Hmm, possible Tcon issue...

You got a camera? A picture is worth a thousand words, so we can save time by getting a picture of your entire screen -- with and without the menu being displayed in the picture.

Here's how you post a picture in your Response --

Take a picture of the whole screen, if you have to get a closeup of the problem try to get an edge of the frame so I can reference it to the top/left/right/bottom. Take a picture of the TV's menu or Volume or any displays near the problem because we USE the On-screen displays to verify TCON or Main board problems

Cellphones and Digital cameras save as JPG files, so you simply save it to your Desktop or known folder.

When you respond back to me, you should see some buttons above your response box. If you don't see them, then type in some text -- Hit REPLY. Then select EDIT

The buttons will show up on the EDIT box.

Look for the Insert/Edit picture button and select it.

graphic 

Select Browse, then Select Browse in the 2nd box. Double click your JPG file, and it will appear in the filebox, then press OK -- it will then appear in the 1st box, and you press INSERT.

And then the picture appears right where your cursor is in your response box.

Want to add more TEXT BELOW the picture?

Arrow down, then Arrow right...then press enter a couple times to space your Text away from the picture

That should help us Nail the problem down.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Hmm, that LOOKS like a bad setting in the SVC menu.

LN46C630K1F

Take one more picture right now --

To do this, Turn off your TV set.

Look at this picture, do the highlighted yellow section, then look at the 3 red boxes --

graphic

There are 3 different styles of menus I've seen. Knowing which one you have will help me to see if we can change some settings to correct the problem. So...is it 1, 2, or 3?

And if it's none of the above...take a picture of it.

Now, I'll be honest...I think your TV got Whacked by a power surge....the COLOR problem looks to be a VESA/JEIDA setting possibly, but I have NEVER seen a Horizontal FLIP on an LCD TV. I've seen it on some DLPs....but not on the LCD panels.

I have to see if your settings have that or not.

Don't go changing anything around. Take a picture of your Menu too. Usually the Menu is NEVER psychodelic NOR FLIPPED.

That would help me determine the problem too.

I've seen this problem before...but I've NEVER seen flipped...that's new to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's box #3. This image is not split anymore (this mode only) but it is still reversed. I've been reading in reverse so far, can I try to adjust from this mode? I'll wait for your response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At second glance, it probably is still split. The green color just blended well and the graphics are reversed on the right half of the screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks.

Now....I'm not HOLDING my breath on this, but it is possible some settings got changed on the main board's Settings. I did find two, one for the psychodelic picture (green setting) and one for Flipping the picture (blue setting - needs 2nd access code)

Now....grayed out settings are activated with that 2nd code.

I suggest getting in first, doing the 2nd code in the advanced, then accessing all the other settings following the numbers.

The REAL KEY is this.....if you see NO CHANGE with the psycho-colors by switching from Jeida to Vesa....you already know a new board is the only way you can fix the problem.

You should see the picture become normal if you switch it. If it doesn't....give it up.

If it DOES WORK...then try the Blue settings past that first ....Arrow Right key enters into the selections, so Arrow down....Arrow right....arrow down...Arrow right or select/enter if arrow right doesn't advance you.

Here is the INFO --

graphic

I HOPE those fix your problem, but I've had to replace the boards more often than not.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

TV Tech1, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Board is shot. Thanks for the education.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Version SQ01 -- Part # BN96-19190A

Version AA02 -- Part# BN94-02701W

Google the correct part number for the Version you have listed on this TAG (found on the right edge of your TV set) --

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

The board's part number can be found on the Main board....that's the board with all the INPUT jacks on it.

The part number always starts with BN or BP, followed by 2 numbers....4 -5 more numbers, and ENDS with a Letter.

Look at the Barcode sticker, I find it on that 90% of the time.

That will help you find your part number.

Thank you for accepting, I appreciate that.